Age of Ambition: What Lies Beneath
What was lost was never meant to be found...
Follow a band of Legionnaires — elite guards of Melanoc — as they patrol the streets, navigate politics and discover an unknown subterranean civilization.
Along the way, they must face off against criminal organizations, explore prophetic dreams, navigate cultural differences, uncover corruption in the highest echelons of society and make a name for themselves as the defenders of the city.
What Lies Beneath is a campaign and sourcebook for the Age of Ambition roleplaying game. Its features include:
- A flexible campaign of eight core scenarios, plus numerous optional "side quest" adventures and ample room for GM-created personal plots.
- Complete details on the city-state of Melanoc and its surrounding lands, with numerous plot hooks and potential for future adventures.
- The secrets of a long lost subterranean civilization, cut off from the surface world for eons, with first contact made by the heroes.
- New systems for engaging in extended warfare and conducting criminal trials.
- Over sixty new non-player characters and assorted foes, ready to bring the city of Melanoc to life. Complete with stats and ready to go!
- New character options, lifepath tables and downtime activities!