Posted by beholdsa on April 26, 2018, 9 a.m.
Today marks two weeks since the close of the Siren's Call Kickstarter. In the past this has been the day that Kickstarter releases the funds to us. We're just waiting on final confirmation of that from the bank, then surveys should start going out to backers!
Meanwhile, Siren's Call production is in full swing, and we've made some great progress! In the upcoming week we plan to send out backer surveys and deliver the existing PDF rewards to backers who return them in a timely manner. We also plan to continue contracting art and making progress with the layout.
Missed the Kickstarter?
You can still preorder the Siren's Call campaign and sourcebook! Just head on over to our Shadows Over Sol: Siren's Call page and fill out the PayPal preorder form.
Here is a bulleted list of everything we've accomplished in the past week.
- We finished reviewing the edits of the Siren's Call draft text, and are halfway through integrating in backer feedback.
- Three artists have been contracted, and we've also seen the first two new pieces of art!
- The additional scenario unlocked as a stretch goal has been written and is currently waiting on editing.
- The initial layout has been finished for both the Introduction and ARC Project chapters.
- The update to the Roll20 character sheet has been approved and went live on Tuesday!
- A designer for the colony sheet has been selected and contracted.
Here is the current status of the various bits and pieces unlocked by the Kickstarter. Starting this week we have expanded the Siren's Call sourcebook section to include the status of each individual chapter.
Siren's Call sourcebook
- 0. Title / Contents: Initial layout of the title page is complete. Waiting on the rest of the layout for the table of contents.
- 1. Introduction: Initial layout is complete.
- 2. ARC Project: Initial layout is complete.
- 3. Colonists: Initial layout is in progress.
- 4. Colony Building: Edits have been reviewed. Waiting to integrate backer feedback.
- 5. The Void: Edits have been reviewed.
- 6. Alpha Centauri: Edits have been reviewed. Waiting to integrate backer feedback.
- 7. Siren's Call: Edits have been reviewed. Waiting to integrate backer feedback.
- 8. Side Treks: Edits have been reviewed. Waiting to integrate backer feedback.
- 9. Colony Sheet / Index: Colony sheet has been contracted.
- Player's Brief: Waiting on art and layout for chapters 1 through 4.
- Siren Poster Map & Colony Ship Deckplans: The art reqs have been written. Artists have not yet been contracted.
- Additional Scenario: The scenario has now been written and is waiting on editing.
- Pregenerated Colonists: Queued. No progress yet.
- Prelude Adventure: Outlined. Writing will begin after the Pregenerated Colonists are written.
- Quick-Start Update: We have completed the layout for the updated Quick-Start, but are currently waiting on one new piece of art for it.
- GM Screen Inserts & Consequence Cards Update: Finished. The updated versions will go out after people return their surveys, along with the existing PDF rewards.
- Roll20 Character Sheet Update: The update to the character sheet has been approved by Roll20. It went live on Tuesday!