Siren's Call: Week 6
on May 24, 2018, 4:06 p.m.
Here we are at the six week mark since the Siren's Call Kickstarter ended.
This week we really buckled down to focus on moving chapters from their initial layout to their final layout. We accomplished that for five chapters (or about half of the book by page count)! This means we inserted the commissioned, art added spot art, wrote new content when necessary and linked page references. We do still have six art pieces we need to commission for this half of the book, for which we plan to select artists this upcoming week.
Also this past week, we edited the Pregenerated Colonists, wrote a few new art reqs and edited the first of our upcoming July Patreon adventures.
Finally, we spent some time considering our printing options for Siren's Call. The decision we've reached is that it makes sense to order an offset print run of the book. This results in a higher print quality and allows us to more easily make the book available through traditional distribution. However, this may impact when backers receive their print copy, as our offset printing plans require a greater turn around time. Towards this end, we've already received a quote from the printer, and have contacted our distribution partners at Studio 2.
This upcoming week our main focus will be on beginning the next wave of art commissions and moving the remaining chapters from initial layout to final layout. We also plan to post May's Kickstarter update in the next couple days. Finally, we want to do the product setup for the Siren Poster Map, so that we can order a printing proof.
Missed the Kickstarter?
You can still preorder the Siren's Call campaign and sourcebook! Just head on over to our Shadows Over Sol: Siren's Call page and fill out the PayPal preorder form.
Here is a bulleted list of everything we've accomplished in the past week.
- Moved the Introduction, ARC Project, Colonists, Colony Building and The Void chapters from initial layout to final layout. A few of these chapters, however, are waiting on a couple pieces of commissioned art.
- Finished editing the Pregenerated Colonists.
- Printing plans have been made for Siren's Call. An estimate has been received from the printer and our distribution partner has been notified.
- Art reqs are being written for the next (and probably final) wave of art.
Here is the current status of the various bits and pieces unlocked by the Kickstarter.
Siren's Call sourcebook
- 0. Title / Contents: Title page is complete. Waiting on table of contents.
- 1. Introduction: Final layout complete, except for waiting on 2 art commissions.
- 2. ARC Project: Final layout complete, except for waiting on 2 art commissions.
- 3. Colonists: Final layout complete.
- 4. Colony Building: Final layout complete.
- 5. The Void: Final layout complete, except for waiting on 2 art commissions.
- 6. Alpha Centauri: Initial layout complete; final layout soon.
- 7. Siren's Call: Initial layout complete; final layout soon.
- 8. Side Treks: Initial layout complete; final layout soon.
- 9. Colony Sheet / Index: Colony sheet complete.
- Player's Brief: Waiting on art and layout for chapters 1 through 4.
- Colony Ship Deckplans: The art req has been written. The artist has not yet been contracted.
- Pregenerated Colonists: Edited. Will pick this back up after the next wave of art commissions are sent out, as those take priority.
- Prelude Adventure: Outlined. Writing will begin after the Pregenerated Colonists are finished.
- Quick-Start Update: We have completed the layout for the updated Quick-Start, but still waiting on one new piece of art for it.
- Siren Poster Map: Art complete. Waiting on product setup.
- GM Screen Inserts & Consequence Cards Update: Finished and sent to backers!
- Roll20 Character Sheet Update: The updated sheet is live on Roll20!
- Additional Scenario: Written and integrated into the text.
0 Comments on Siren's Call: Week 6
There are currently no comments