Siren's Call: Week 7
on May 31, 2018, 5:48 a.m.
Welcome to week seven since the Siren's Call Kickstarter ended! We've been busy.
I'm happy to report that the final layout of the book is now almost complete. This week we added the last of the page references, spot art, additional content and generated the table of contents. What's left is to put together the index and wait for the final six pieces of commissioned artwork to come in. After that, we plan to send out the initial version of the book to backers and collect reports of typos or other mistakes that slipped through production., Then we'll release a corrected PDF and send that version to the printer.
This week we also began the final wave of art commissions, including the contract for the colony ship deckplans. Oh, and we sent out the May Kickstarter update, did product setup for the Poster Map and made release plans for the format the Pregenerated Colonists will take.
In the upcoming week our two main Kickstarter-related goals are to finish indexing the book and continue to push along the final wave of art commissions. We'll probably also use this week to do layout for the first of our upcoming July Patreon adventures. If we find any free time we'll also do layout for the Pregenerated Colonists, but that might very well slip to the next week.
Finally, we're considering releasing a "proofreading" version of Siren's Call early to Kickstarter backers—even before the last of the art comes in—for anyone who wants to help us catch typos and other issues. Thoughts?
Missed the Kickstarter?
You can still preorder the Siren's Call campaign and sourcebook! Just head on over to our Shadows Over Sol: Siren's Call page and fill out the PayPal preorder form.
Here is a bulleted list of everything we've accomplished in the past week.
- Completed the final layout of the book, aside from indexing and waiting for the last six pieces of art to come in. This means all page references have been added, all spot art has been added, all additional content written and the table of contents has been generated!
- Contracted the artist for the colony ship deckplans, as well as a couple more pieces for the final wave of art. Also contacted the artist who for the last month has been working on the final artwork for the updated Quick-Start.
- Did product setup for the Siren Poster Map and readied the printing proof for order.
- Posted the May Kickstarter update.
Here is the current status of the various bits and pieces unlocked by the Kickstarter.
Siren's Call sourcebook
- 0. Title / Contents: Final layout complete.
- 1. Introduction: Waiting on one art commission.
- 2. ARC Project: Waiting on one art commission.
- 3. Colonists: Final layout complete.
- 4. Colony Building: Final layout complete.
- 5. The Void: Waiting on two art commissions.
- 6. Alpha Centauri: Waiting on two art commissions.
- 7. Siren's Call: Final layout complete.
- 8. Side Treks: Final layout complete.
- 9. Colony Sheet / Index: Indexing will begin soon.
- Player's Brief: Waiting on proofing of chapters 1 through 4.
- Colony Ship Deckplans: The artist has been contracted and work is underway.
- Pregenerated Colonists: Edited. Layout work will begin soon.
- Prelude Adventure: Outlined. Writing will begin after the Pregenerated Colonists are finished.
- Quick-Start Update: Still waiting on the final art piece
- Siren Poster Map: Product setup, waiting on the printing proof.
- GM Screen Inserts & Consequence Cards Update: Finished and sent to backers!
- Roll20 Character Sheet Update: The updated sheet is live on Roll20!
- Additional Scenario: Written and integrated into the text.