Tab Creations Forum

• You are not logged in.

[RSS Feed]Tell me about your finals and preparation.

Forum Index » Open Forum » Tell me about your finals and preparation.

#1 May 16, 2006 05:55:34

Berggeistermeister
Profile   Send e-mail  

Tell me about your finals and preparation.

This is what a Bachelor's degree says:

“I can finish school. I can stick it out.” GPA doesn't matter a whole lot beyond that.

Veritas est

#2 May 16, 2006 10:12:01

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Berggeistermeister

“I can finish school. I can stick it out.” GPA doesn't matter a whole lot beyond that.

Not unless you're trying to get in certain graduate school programs. Then graduate school programs will often use GPA as a statistic to narrow down the number of candidates that they'll really look at.

#3 May 16, 2006 11:01:12

Judas
Profile   Send e-mail  

beholdsa
Berggeistermeister

Not unless you're trying to get in certain graduate school programs. Then graduate school programs will often use GPA as a statistic to narrow down the number of candidates that they'll really look at.

How good of a GPA does someone need to be able to get into a Master's program?

#4 May 16, 2006 15:17:36

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Judas
beholdsa
Berggeistermeister

How good of a GPA does someone need to be able to get into a Master's program?

Probably depends on where you're trying to go. The master's program I got into said it requires at minimum a 3.0, but I know that's been flexed for some people who had 2.9x.

#5 May 16, 2006 15:59:31

Judas
Profile   Send e-mail  

Is it true you aren't supposed to do a master's program at the same place you got your bachelor's?

#6 May 16, 2006 18:22:50

Seras
Profile   Send e-mail  

Judas
Is it true you aren't supposed to do a master's program at the same place you got your bachelor's?

There are no rules to this, Safa. If you want to stay at KSU for your Master's and pwn all the little freshmens then by all means, do it.

I would not stay at KU to do my Master's even if they paid me money that I did not have to give back. I hate KU.

#7 May 16, 2006 20:59:19

Judas
Profile   Send e-mail  

Seras
Judas

There are no rules to this, Safa. If you want to stay at KSU for your Master's and pwn all the little freshmens then by all means, do it.

I would not stay at KU to do my Master's even if they paid me money that I did not have to give back. I hate KU.

That's funny, cause i hate K-State. Those assholes; you get here for enrollment and there's nothing but smiling faces. When you start, that's also when the bullshit starts. Fucking cockbastards. Everyone.

Problem, though, is that i'd feel that way about any college i went to.

#8 May 16, 2006 21:48:16

Seras
Profile   Send e-mail  

Yeah, I am torn about getting my Master's, even though that merely entails me going to library school.

Woo! Library School! \m/

I do not know if I could take them f-ing up my library education like they did me in philosophy.

#9 May 17, 2006 00:53:06

Judas
Profile   Send e-mail  

you know, i knew a guy who liked chemistry until he took it in college. They fuck up everything.

#10 May 17, 2006 09:11:24

Sebastian
Profile   Send e-mail  

Just finished with my English final.

I woke up at 6:30 for the final, which was at 7:30, and the GTA wasn't there until 8. She said her power went out, and to make up for it she brough doughnuts. The final was a paper and a presentation, and only one student presented. I was in that room for 8m after the teacher showed up.

Forum Index » Open Forum » Tell me about your finals and preparation.

Board footer

Moderator control