Tab Creations Forum

• You are not logged in.

[RSS Feed]Tell me about your finals and preparation.

Forum Index » Open Forum » Tell me about your finals and preparation.

#1 May 08, 2006 18:54:51

Mercury
Profile   Send e-mail  

Tell me about your finals and preparation.

Judas
How do you think they'll turn out?
Computer Graphics - Not sure, got a C on the midterm (that asshole gave us tests from the last two years for preperation, the problem was their format was easy compared to what we got. I wrote more in my 636 midterm than I did for my History midterm which had an essay) but I expect to get about 50% on the final

History final - Difficult with the two essays to write but probably the most straight forward of my tests.

Software Engineering - Luckily he droped OCL from the final (Not only is it worthless, its not even used by any company in the real world, a different system is) but he added a topic to the final that we haven't talked about…so what he did was “quickly” review the material last thursday in 15 minutes…

#2 May 09, 2006 12:22:59

Judas
Profile   Send e-mail  

Got my Chem II final back- 82.5%
That brings my grade up, with the shit two point curve, to a 79%.
I'm not sure if that's a B or a C. I'll keep you guys posted.

FUCK CHEM

#3 May 09, 2006 15:51:03

Sebastian
Profile   Send e-mail  

I scored a 90 on my biology laboratory final.

I’m done with English, and am currently studying for environmental policy, calculus and biology. Calc shouldn’t give me too much trouble, but policy and biology could be rough.

I believe I’m here in Lawrence until the 19th.

#4 May 09, 2006 16:50:39

Judas
Profile   Send e-mail  

Bad news everyone. Real, real, real bad news.

chem II - got 761 total points.
764 is the threshold for a B.
so, i'm going to her office tomorrow and prepared to suck the biggest, fattest dick i'll ever have to down.

FUCK CHEM. SO HARD.

#5 May 09, 2006 21:47:05

Anthony
Profile   Send e-mail  

I actually have a philsophy final wednesday of next week, seven thirty in the ante meridian. It's intro to philosophy, so I should kick its ass.

#6 May 09, 2006 23:48:37

Ishtar
Profile   Send e-mail  

I am intenstly jealous of all of you who are done. I have three tests tomorrow and none of them are finals.

#7 May 10, 2006 00:12:47

Judas
Profile   Send e-mail  

Ishtar
I am intenstly jealous of all of you who are done. I have three tests tomorrow and none of them are finals.

WTF Mate???

Are you mid-semester or something?

Dass' fugged up.

#8 May 10, 2006 06:50:01

Seras
Profile   Send e-mail  

I have only one comprehensive test to take, which is in that ridiculously easy EECS class I am taking.
Italian covers everything from the mid-term on.
Geography is a very small test about rivers.

The thing that sucks about this is I go back to school in June, not to mention that I work on campus, so I never really get to not go to school. I wish KU did not pwn me.

#9 May 10, 2006 22:15:28

Judas
Profile   Send e-mail  

Chemistry Update:

I went to talk to my chemistry professor today about giving me the three points. I got there at nine thirty, but she wasn't there. So, i went to hale, and sent her an email, then went to sleep. I woke up at 12, saw my friend studying and started talking to him about chem II. I told him of my situation, and then he mentioned he saw my chem professor walking by. I asked when, and he said fifteen minutes ago. So, i went to check my mail, and she sent me something saying she wouldn't be available until June 1st. I ran to her office, and there was a note that said ‘Any Chemistry Emergenies go to Ms. Dikeman.; So , i go to dikeman’s office and i ask her if she can change grades. She said “The only one that can change your grade is the professor in the section you are in.” So, i left and spoke with my Lab TA. Now, me and my lab TA are way down. Best friends. offered me a beer once when we were studying. So, i ask him to add three points to my lab score, and he said he would, if he didn't already have to turn in grades. I asked him if he'd write me a letter for her so i can give it to her that would talk about how awesome i am at chemistry. So, later on in the day, i get an email from my lab TA telling me it'd look weird if he did that so he won't. But, i'm going to go to his office and tell him to do it for me, and it won't look bad. So, after that, i get an email from the other professor who's the Co-main-professer guy for chem II and in the email it says :

“Safa,

It seems as if you pulled out a very acceptable
score on the final….Congratulations!

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxx”

This email was unprovoked. Now, he is the kind of professer who is like “An 89.99999% is an 89.9999999%” But, i'm only three points away, my grades have improved a lot, and my Final grade was a B. I'm going to go to his office tomorrow and talk to him and see what he can do for me.

Wish me luck.

I won't be upset if no one reads this long ass message.

Edited Judas (May 13, 2006 16:01:51)

#10 May 10, 2006 22:29:42

Mercury
Profile   Send e-mail  

Judas, two words:

SUCK UP

And I hate suck ups when their grade is already passing. If it was borderline to getting a D (or C for some of us) then I could see sucking up. Heck, I think the only time I've ever heard of a good reason for arguing to get a grade change was when my sister had a professor that believe absolutely in the Bell curve and was going to give her a B because she didn't have a “high” A (only a 98% or something like that).

Forum Index » Open Forum » Tell me about your finals and preparation.

Board footer

Moderator control