Tab Creations Forum

• You are not logged in.

[RSS Feed][AOA] Magic question

Forum Index » Tab Games Forum » [AOA] Magic question

#1 June 15, 2020 02:20:59

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

[AOA] Magic question

Is there an easy way to strip out the need for Khalid components or Lunar mechanisms? Personally, I really dislike that aspect of magic. It's (IMO) distracting and cumbersome. I don't want to have to sidetrack adventures so the Mage can go scavenging for things so he can be a Mage. Has anyone done something a bit more standard in this regard?

#2 June 15, 2020 13:21:28

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

[AOA] Magic question

I know a lot of GMs who don't make archers track every arrow - they just assume that archers have the arrows they need when they go to fire a bow. Since kalid parts / lunar devices are basically just magical “ammo,” the easiest thing to do would be to handle it this way and just assume they have them when they go to cast a spell.

#3 June 15, 2020 22:25:50

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

[AOA] Magic question

Okay. It's something I'll have to feel out in play. Maybe some type of spell point mechanism or something. Unfortunately, I dislike the whole concept, so I won't be pretending they have the khalid pieces and mechanisms at all.

I need to dive a bit more into the magic system and see if some type of limiting mechanism is needed.

Thanks for the fast response!

#4 June 15, 2020 22:57:15

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

[AOA] Magic question

If you don't like it thematically, another possibility is to replace the “Draw Reagent” action involved in casting with a “Hand Gestures or Other Somatic Component” action and call it a day.

#5 June 16, 2020 03:39:39

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

[AOA] Magic question

Thanks, I'll consider that as well.

Forum Index » Tab Games Forum » [AOA] Magic question

Board footer

Moderator control