Siren's Call: Week 1
on April 19, 2018, 9 a.m.
It's now been a week since the close of the Siren's Call Kickstarter. This is the first of our weekly updates on the production and fulfillment of the project. In the past week we've been hard at work getting the ball rolling: contacting artists, outlining stretch goals and making progress on editing.
Missed the Kickstarter?
You can still preorder the Siren's Call campaign and sourcebook! Just head on over to our Shadows Over Sol: Siren's Call page and fill out the PayPal preorder form.
Here is a bulleted list of everything we've accomplished in the past week.
- We received the Siren's Call draft text back from the editor and have started to review the edits.
- We contracted one artist and are currently finalizing the contracts with two more.
- We finalized our product updates of the GM Screen Inserts and Consequence Cards. We also updated the Roll20 character sheet and submitted it to Roll20 for approval.
- Layout for the updated Quick-Start has been completed, but it is still waiting on one new piece of art.
- The additional scenario and prelude adventure were both outlined.
- The Siren's Call website has been updated, as well as the DriveThruRPG description.
- Set up a way for people who missed the Kickstarter to still pre-order the game through PayPal.
Here is the current status of the various bits and pieces unlocked by the Kickstarter. As this is the first week of post-Kickstarter production, the information below is somewhat redundant, but this will be less the case in future weeks.
Siren's Call sourcebook
- Draft Text: We've now received the complete draft text back from the editor and have started to review the edits. Once the edits have been reviewed, we will integrate in feedback from backers and begin the layout.
- Art: Thus far we have contracted one artist and are currently finalizing the contracts with two more.
- Player's Brief: Since this will largely reproduce the player-facing sections of the Siren's Call sourcebook, work on the Player's Brief is currently waiting on the draft text's edits to be reviewed.
- Siren Poster Map & Colony Ship Deckplans: The art reqs have been written. We are currently waiting to contact artists for these after we finalize the art contracts for the currently pending pieces.
- Additional Scenario & Prelude Adventure: Both of these scenarios have been outlined.
- Pregenerated Colonists: Queued. No progress yet.
- Quick-Start Update: We have completed the layout for the updated Quick-Start, but are currently waiting on one new piece of art for it. The contract with that artist is currently pending.
- GM Screen Inserts & Consequence Cards Update: We've updated these, received the printing proofs and they are ready to be sent out along with the existing PDF rewards.
- Roll20 Character Sheet Update: The sheet has been updated and submitted to Roll20 for approval.