Tab Creations Forum

• You are not logged in.

[RSS Feed][AoA] People Trait question

Forum Index » Tab Games Forum » [AoA] People Trait question

#1 October 24, 2021 20:56:38

Zimzerveran
Profile   Send e-mail  

[AoA] People Trait question

I'm loving Age of Ambition. I have a couple quick questions about character creation:

1.) If a People provide a trait like Night Vision, which has a requirement of Per-5, does the character get that trait even if they don't meet the requirement? If they don't pick up the trait, do they get experiences?

2.) During a sample character generation, I picked up Night Vision on the Birth Fortune table *and* as training from being a laborer. Does the second one just convert to experiences or is it ignored?

Thanks in advance!

#2 October 24, 2021 22:20:06

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Happy to hear that you're enjoying the game! To answer your questions:

1) If the character's People gives a trait like Night Vision, then they don't need to meet the stat requirement, they just get the trait.

2) That's right. If they would get the trait a second time, it instead converts to experiences.

Good gaming!

#3 October 25, 2021 09:37:29

Zimzerveran
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks! I've yet to find anything I don't like, system or setting-wise. I'll be going all-in on your pdf/print combos over at DriveThru.

AoA is far and away the most interesting RPG I've run across in the last several years. I had no idea it even existed until I stumbled upon a recent thread at RPG.net you started about retrocloning the old Saga system from TSR. I think I had that back in the 90s. Is the Saga Machine engine based on the old SAGA system? Or is it one of your own design?

#4 October 27, 2021 01:55:28

Vonschlicten
Profile   Send e-mail  

While Beholdsa can give you a more detailed answer about all the specific influences that have gone into Saga Machine, it stemmed from a homebrew system we made while in high school. It has changed a lot since then but the setting in AoA, Trystell, was our original setting that we started working on as 9th graders.

#5 October 27, 2021 02:44:57

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Zimzerveran
Thanks! I've yet to find anything I don't like, system or setting-wise. I'll be going all-in on your pdf/print combos over at DriveThru. AoA is far and away the most interesting RPG I've run across in the last several years. I had no idea it even existed until I stumbled upon a recent thread at RPG.net you started about retrocloning the old Saga system from TSR. I think I had that back in the 90s. Is the Saga Machine engine based on the old SAGA system? Or is it one of your own design?

Thanks for checking out our game!

Saga Machine - and my gaming in general - has been heavily influenced by the old SAGA system. It's one of the first RPGs I played a ton and it holds a special place for me.

Forum Index » Tab Games Forum » [AoA] People Trait question

Board footer

Moderator control