Tab Creations Forum

• You are not logged in.

[RSS Feed]Space Opera setting?

Forum Index » Tab Games Forum » Space Opera setting?

#1 February 13, 2021 22:01:01

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

Space Opera setting?

Just curious. I really like Shadows Over Sol, and it's been popular with my group. I like Age of Ambition, although I haven't had a chance to run it yet. I was wondering if there were any plans to do a galaxy-spanning Space Opera type setting? Similar in scope to Star Wars, the Foundation, the Culture. (Or, a less well-known example, ZAON. A great setting that died in development a decade or two ago. Sigh.)

A Space Opera setting with shades of horror like SoS would complete my gaming needs…

#2 February 14, 2021 05:03:24

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Space Opera setting?

I know that Matthew, who is part of our company, loves Asimov's Foundation series and has been talking about doing a game like that for years. From time to time, I've also considered some sort of warp-gate like expansion campaign for Shadows Over Sol - something kind of like the later Expanse books - to an an optional aspect of multiple systems and interstellar contact.

Whether any of those ideas will come to fruition, I don't know. I can tell you that we're not actively working on anything like that at the moment. Right now our focus is on the Jovian Whispers campaign for Shadows Over Sol.

#3 February 15, 2021 03:42:55

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

Space Opera setting?

Thanks. I knew it was a longshot. I'm still tempted to see what I need to do to adapt the SoS mechanics to a galaxy-spanning space opera campaign. Most of it should work fine, but the ships will need a lot of adaptation.

Forum Index » Tab Games Forum » Space Opera setting?

Board footer

Moderator control