Tab Creations Forum

• You are not logged in.

[RSS Feed][SOS] Consequence Cards printing and Actual Play questions

Forum Index » Tab Games Forum » [SOS] Consequence Cards printing and Actual Play questions

#1 September 23, 2017 00:11:10

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

[SOS] Consequence Cards printing and Actual Play questions

Thanks. I'm so sorry, I'm evidently failing all my observation checks lately…

#2 September 23, 2017 00:54:51

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

No problem! Glad I could help.

#3 September 29, 2017 04:24:47

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

I just wanted to let you know that the extended combat example has been written.

https://www.tabcreations.com/blog/shadows-over-sol-extended-combat-example/

#4 October 13, 2017 23:13:39

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

Perfect! Thanks!

#5 July 30, 2020 03:18:23

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

I didn't want to start yet another new post, so thought I'd add to this once since it involves rule questions. Just a few points we would like to clarify because we have had different interpretations pop up:

Wounds taken - Iff you take 1 Light Wound, that's a -1 penalty and 1 Wound level that will last until healed. If you take another Light Wound next round, are you know at a -2 penalty and 2 Wound levels until healed? Or still at -1 penalty and 1 Wound Level because they're both Light Wounds?

Stun - If you have a Moderate wound and the numerical value is higher than the shock threshold, the wound will be upgraded to Severe (-3), and you will have Light Stun (-1). So, would you be at a -4 penalty until you can shake off the Stun?

Thanks!

#6 July 30, 2020 19:29:33

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Here's an example. Hopefully it will help:

Imagine you take a Light Wound (1). That's a -1 to your next flip - from the shock and pain - and 1 wound severity that sticks around until it is healed - the lasting damage (pg 231).

Now let's imagine that before your next flip you take another Light Wound (1). Each wound applies a -1 penalty to the next flip (for -2 total) and you have two wound severities that last until healed.

Okay, so now it's your turn. You make an attack or whatever. You're penalized the -2 for the wounds and then the penalty goes away. The initial shock is gone; your next flip after this is no longer penalized, but the wound severities (the lasting damage) sticks around until healed.

Great! Things are looking up! But… not so fast.

You now take a really bad wound. In fact, the damage rating hits your Shock threshold. Normally the attack would deal a moderate wound (2), but since it hit your Shock threshold, the damage is staged up to a Severe Wound (3) and you take Light Stun (1).

You now have Light Stun (1), -3 to your next flip (from the severe wound) and 5 wound severities (severe + light + light ).

The stun prevents you from taking any other actions until you first get rid of it with an End Consequence action (pgs 321, 126). So on your next turn you'll have to take one of those to get rid of the stun, and your next flip is still penalized by the severe wound (-3).

On your next turn you decide to act in Phase 2 and Phase 1. In Phase 2 you do an End Consequence. In Phase 1 you make an attack at a -3 penalty. Better hope your team mates are finishing off the enemy this round, because you didn't save an AP to dodge!

Edited beholdsa (July 30, 2020 19:32:11)

#7 July 30, 2020 19:40:32

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

Okay, so the Wounds last until healed, but the penalties only last until the next turn. (After they affect you once, they're gone the next round.) Correct?

In your example above, in the next round, you would attack with no penalty…but you still have 5 Wounds. Is that right?

#8 July 30, 2020 20:49:57

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

That's right.

Forum Index » Tab Games Forum » [SOS] Consequence Cards printing and Actual Play questions

Board footer

Moderator control