Tab Creations Forum

• You are not logged in.

[RSS Feed][SOS] Consequence Cards printing and Actual Play questions

Forum Index » Tab Games Forum » [SOS] Consequence Cards printing and Actual Play questions

#1 September 20, 2017 02:10:50

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

[SOS] Consequence Cards printing and Actual Play questions

I just bought the Consequence Card set. I'm curious as to the best way to go about printing these. They're set up as just one card per page for front and back. I'm at a bit of a loss. Ideally, I'd like to take these to a print shop and get actual cards printed. Any guidance on the best way to do this?

Also, I've found the actual play videos on YouTube, but was wondering if there was anything else that was at a table or even audio of an actual play session. In particular, I'd like to see some actual extended combat examples. The one in the book stopped just as it was getting to the interesting part…

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 September 20, 2017 03:32:02

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

I usually just use Adobe Reader to print multiple PDF pages on a single paper page. I think 4x2 works best, with 8 cards per page, but I know some people that prefer 3x3, squeezing nine cards onto a page. I've linked a WikiHow explaining how this is done below. I think they explain it better with illustrations and such, than I can in text on a forum.

http://www.wikihow.com/Print-Multiple-Pages-Per-Sheet-in-Adobe-Reader

I think the YouTube videos are the best actual play resources available online at the moment. But now that I know you'd like to see an extended combat example, I'll see if I can do one as a blog post on the website here in the next week or two (as time becomes available).

#3 September 20, 2017 03:51:59

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have thought of that…I even do it at work in a different context, but it just didn't click.

#4 September 20, 2017 04:27:36

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

No problem! Glad I could help.

I'll reply to this thread again once an extended example of combat exists on the blog.

#5 September 22, 2017 00:25:25

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

After doing a couple of test combats, I think I have the basics (an example would still be appreciated), but my biggest question is exactly when and how do you use the wound charts on pages 131-134. Those are deadly, but I don't really see any reference as to when they come into play.

(First game is tomorrow, so I'm trying to make sure I have the basics down.)

#6 September 22, 2017 01:04:11

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Tom B
After doing a couple of test combats, I think I have the basics (an example would still be appreciated), but my biggest question is exactly when and how do you use the wound charts on pages 131-134.

When a character scores a critical hit they get to pick a critical effect. One of the possible effects is a Lasting Injury - which means a flip one the wound tables.

#7 September 22, 2017 01:10:55

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

Okay. I suspected something like that, but couldn't find confirmation. I see the reference now. Thanks.

#8 September 22, 2017 01:17:27

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

No problem!

#9 September 22, 2017 23:21:07

Tom B
Profile   Send e-mail  

Here's another question. In all the descriptions of combat, it only mentions comparing the attack flip to the two defense numbers. Or you can dodge, or you can double your cover bonus. In melee combat, can you parry? I assume it would be a wpn/str vs wpn/str test, but the rules don't seem to mention this. It would seem that an expert in melee combat would be far better at avoiding being hit than someone with no melee ability at all.

Am I missing a section somewhere?

#10 September 23, 2017 00:05:29

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

If you're being attacked in melee you can spend an AP to parry. This adds your Melee skill as a bonus to your Defense. So, for example, if you have Melee 2, you get a +2 bonus, or if you're a master fighter with Melee 5 and an experience in Parry, you can get as much as +6 (5 for the skill, 1 for the experience).

If you want the full text of the rule, it's on page 123 under Dodge.

Forum Index » Tab Games Forum » [SOS] Consequence Cards printing and Actual Play questions

Board footer

Moderator control