Tab Creations Forum

• You are not logged in.

[RSS Feed]Game Thoughts

Forum Index » Open Forum » Game Thoughts

#1 August 07, 2016 14:37:08

Brian
Profile   Send e-mail  

Game Thoughts

I won't rank them all, just call out some that particularly strike my fancy. That's not to say the ones I don't list here I dislike or anything, just I have more opinions about what seems cool then the stuff that's basically just “that sounds fine”.

Stuff I've been itching to try for a while: Mage: The Awakening, Blue Planet (for the setting), D&D 5e (for the rules), Rogue Trader.

Stuff that sounds intriguing: new Changeling, Hellfrost, Transhuman Space, Mage Sorceror's Crusade, Colonial Gothic

Stuff we've played that I'm always happy to play more of: Trystell Reborn, Shadows over Sol

#2 August 07, 2016 14:37:40

Brian
Profile   Send e-mail  

Game Thoughts

When did my avatar become a derpy cat? Did I do that?

#3 August 08, 2016 16:42:23

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Game Thoughts

Cool! So by now most people have responded, and there is a good general overview of people's interests.

Let's see if we can come to some sort of consensus around a specific game.

#4 August 08, 2016 17:41:21

Kat_Davis
Profile   Send e-mail  

Game Thoughts

So, am I wrong in that Torchbearer seems like “Roguelike: The Tabletop RPG”?

Either way, everyone seems somewhere between vaguely interested to very interested to not offended by and it's new and interesting?

#5 August 09, 2016 07:09:59

Mkamm
Profile   Send e-mail  

Game Thoughts

Mage: the Awakening and Torchbearer do seem to be the frontrunner options and I'd be happy to do either.

#6 August 10, 2016 16:04:50

beholdsa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Game Thoughts

Mkamm
Mage: the Awakening and Torchbearer do seem to be the frontrunner options and I'd be happy to do either.

Thinking about it, between the two I have a slight preference to do Torchbearer now rather than Mage.

My reasoning in that the new edition of Mage the Awakening is out in PDF right now, but its still waiting on errata before the print version is released - although that is expected to happen any week now. So if by putting Mage off to some future point in time we can get the errata (and I can order the print/PDF bundle) from the start, that might be worth it.

Forum Index » Open Forum » Game Thoughts

Board footer

Moderator control