Shadows Over Sol: Week Six
on Nov. 12, 2015, 11:06 a.m.
Work. Work. Work. We've been busy pushing Shadows Over Sol and all the Kickstarter stretch goal rewards through our production process. This week the first of the books moved officially from art direction and into layout. We saw other progress as well, with Small Mercy moving from writing and into editing.
Reading this and missed the Kickstarter?
You can still preorder the game! Just head on over to our Shadows Over Sol page and follow the PayPal link.
The Week’s Progress
The accomplishments from this week include:
- The new and improved character sheet has been completed and added to the layout.
- Drafts for all backer characters have been finished.
- All spacing art has been added to the layout.
- Outlined, wrote, edited and did layout on a short adventure to be included with the core book.
- Completed indexing the book, as well as adding the table of contents.
- Received the corrected draft of the Small Mercy adventure.
- The core rulebook, consequence cards and GM screen inserts have been moved from art direction to layout. Art pieces have been commissioned, but we're still waiting for the last of the commissioned art to come back from the various artists.
In the upcoming week, we hope to hear back from the author of the Eviction Notice adventure. We also hope to get the cover of the core book put together and hope to get Ready-Made Heroes moved from writing and into editing.
Here is the current status of the various bits and pieces unlocked by the Kickstarter. The statuses here refer to the steps in our our publication process.
- Eviction Notice adventure
- Mars Colony Map
- Ready-Made Heroes
- Art Direction
- Shiny New Toys
- Fatal Frontier
- Beyond Human
- Shadows Over Sol core rulebook
- Consequence Cards
- GM Screen Inserts
Below you can see our weekly art preview. This piece is of a jangor, a monstrous thing that has been bioengineered to live on the Martian surface.