Shadows Over Sol: Week Four
on Oct. 29, 2015, 10:58 a.m.
Things are going well with the production of Shadows Over Sol - almost too well. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and something to go wrong, but so far everything has been progressing on schedule and without any real hiccups.
The core game is nearing the point where it leaves art direction and heads on to layout. That will likely happen next week or the week after, once round 4 art commissions have gone out. The various unlocked supplements are also making steady progress.
Reading this and missed the Kickstarter?
You can still preorder the game! Just head on over to our Shadows Over Sol page and follow the PayPal link.
The Week’s Progress
Here are the myriad accomplishments from the past week:
- Fatal Frontier came back from the editor, and the edits were reviewed. Beyond Human also came back from the editor, although we’re still waiting on these edits being reviewed.
- The last of the Round 3 art commissions went out. We plan to commission Round 4 in the next week or two. This will likely be our final round of art commissions. A revamp of the character sheet was commissioned as well.
- Backers at the Executive level got their final call for character art. At this point we only haven’t heard from one backer regarding this, so hopefully we’ll get that last reference photo in by the November 1st deadline.
- At this point two backer characters are completed, three are in progress, one waits on us for a response and two have yet to be started.
- The preliminary layout of the core book was completed. There’s still a lot to do with layout (insert art, generate the index and table of contents, fill in page references), but we at least not know how everything flows.
- We received the initial draft of the Eviction Notice adventure, wrote up the redlines (our requested changes) and submitted it back to the writer for its final draft.
- We outlined all the requirements for the Mars Colony Map, and have set the artist to work on it.
In the upcoming week we plan to review the edits to Beyond Human and do more layout work on the core. If we're lucky, we may receive the final draft of the Eviction Notice adventure and begin round 4 of art commissions.
Here is the current status of the various bits and pieces unlocked by the Kickstarter. The statuses here refer to the steps in our our publication process.
Changed from last week, you will notice that the Mars Colony Map has left the outline stage (there's not much writing to do for it in the technical sense, but it's in that production stage before editing) and Fatal Frontier has moved on to the art direction stage.
- Ready-Made Heroes
- VTT Pack
- Small Mercy adventure
- Eviction Notice adventure
- Mars Colony Map
- Art Direction
- Shadows Over Sol core rulebook
- Consequence Cards
- GM Screen Inserts
- Shiny New Toys
- Fatal Frontier
As we continue to receive commissioned art, we will continue to give art previews. Here is another choice preview of art that we've received.