Freebie Spotlight: Combat Module Alternatives
on Aug. 29, 2010, 6:47 p.m.
This week I present our newest Freebie Spotlight for Saga Machine: Combat Module Alternatives. This short document contains a variety of alternative options and systems for use with the Combat Module found in theSaga Machine core rulebook. Presented within are:
- Single-Number Initiative: An alternate Initiative trait that simplifies Initiative into a single number.
- Random Initiative: A method for having a randomized initiative order in Saga Machine.
- Alternate Movement: A simplified way of handling a character Move in combat.
- Alternative Healing Factor: A simplified way of deriving a character's Healing Factor.
- Count-Based Combat: An alternative to the pass-round based breakup of the passage of time in combat.
- Interact (Move Foe): A new option for the Interact maneuver in combat.
- Multi-Action Passes: An option for tweaking passes and rounds to support a greater amount of action in a single pass.
- Zone-Based Combat: A character movement alternative to the combat grid.
It's a pretty content-packed Freebie Spotlight, if I do say so myself. Take a look.
Meanwhile, the gears of Tab Creations keep turning behind the scene. The Zeotis setting for Saga Machine is nearly complete, and awaiting cover art. And a few more Freebie Spotlights are in the works--two for Trystell: Reborn and one for our core Saga Machine line.