Freebie Spotlight: Baseline Alternatives
on Sept. 11, 2010, 5:51 p.m.
We have a new Freebie Spotlight out: Baseline Alternatives! This five-page document provides a number of alternate rules and systems for use with the Saga Machine role-playing game! Included in the document are:
- Luck Pool: Rules for awarding luck for good role-playing and smart thinking to the party as a whole, providing incentive for teamwork.
- Alternate Encumbrance: Rules for more forgiving encumbrance thresholds, for game masters who want that.
- Simplified Minion Trait: An alternate Minion trait that makes the trait simpler and easier to work with.
- Alternate Skill Mechanic: An alternate skill system for Saga Machine, both making it less severe not to be trained in a skill, and making the bonus from being trained greater.
- Alternate Complex-Stat Actions: A straight-forward but different take on how to handle complex-stat actions.
- Alternate Triples, Side Effects: An alternative "Tricky Triples" rule, which allows for negative and positive side effects of actions to happen, regardless of whether the action was a success or failure.
- Mixed Dice Core Mechanic: An alternate core action resolution mechanic, that involves rolling different dice for different modifiers to an action.
- Dice Pool Core Mechanic: An alternate core action resolution mechanic that adapts Saga Machine to run with the popular d10 dice pool mechanic used in many other role-playing games.
That's what's in this Freebie Spotlight. In the future look forward to another core Saga Machine Freebie Spotlight, the imminent release of The Zeotis and, perhaps, a small but important release for Trystell: Reborn.