Search - User list
Full Version: Spending Edge: Luck ?
Root » Tab Games Forum » Spending Edge: Luck ?
Banjo
OK you can spend Edge on Luck, discard one Edge (card) thereby making the next card an automatic Trump.
My question is, after you discard the Edge, can you flip the first card from your Edge, as a trump, or do you have to flip from your deck ?
beholdsa
Banjo
OK you can spend Edge on Luck, discard one Edge (card) thereby making the next card an automatic Trump.My question is, after you discard the Edge, can you flip the first card from your Edge, as a trump, or do you have to flip from your deck ?

Additional cards from trump always come from the top of the deck, never from your hand.
Banjo
Yes, I realise that ;-)
What I am really asking is that spending Edge on the Luck option, by discarding a card from your cards in “hand” (Edge), prevent you from spending Edge to Play a Card ?

My supposition, based on my interpretation, is that the Edge discarded for Luck does not count as a flip and is not used in any way except to determine that the next card flipped counts as trump (meaning that another card must be flipped next to see if is a trump suit or not).

So does the first card actually flipped, (which will count as a trump due to using the Luck option) come from the top of your Deck or can it be played from Edge ?

Cheers, Chris
beholdsa
Banjo
Yes, I realise that ;-)What I am really asking is that spending Edge on the Luck option, by discarding a card from your cards in “hand” (Edge), prevent you from spending Edge to Play a Card ?My supposition, based on my interpretation, is that the Edge discarded for Luck does not count as a flip and is not used in any way except to determine that the next card flipped counts as trump (meaning that another card must be flipped next to see if is a trump suit or not).So does the first card actually flipped, (which will count as a trump due to using the Luck option) come from the top of your Deck or can it be played from Edge ?Cheers, Chris

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your question.

You would be correct. You can indeed discard a card for luck, and then play a card from your hand as the card you just made trump.

(Then, the next card flipped would come from the top of the deck, as per the usual rules for trump.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.