It's now been one week since the funding period for the Dime Adventures Kickstarter ended. This is the first of our weekly updates on the project. In the last week we've been hard at work getting the ball rolling: contracting artists, writing and making progress on our layout plans.
When we publish a new game, we have a regular process that we like to go through in order to ensure that the game meets our quality standards. Using this process, a new roleplaying game supplement passes through a series of stages before it is considered complete. In fact, we have a Development Blog post on the specifics of the process. It was written for a previous Kickstarter, but the contents of the post are still valid today.
Here is a bulleted list of everything we've accomplished in the past week.
- The first wave of art has been commissioned.
- We've received back the edits for Mystic Secrets, Cryptid Codex and Circles in the Sky. The edits for the first two have been reviewed and accepted.
- Typos pointed out by our backers in the Exclusive Backer Edition have been corrected.
- Messages have been sent out to our $50 backers and up, regarding their line to the dev team.
- Backers who get to make a character that is featured in the game have also been contacted. So far we've heard back from 3 out of 11 such backers.
- The Dime Adventures website has been updated, as well as the DriveThruRPG description.
- Set up a way for people who missed the Kickstarter to still pre-order the game through PayPal.
- Some writing progress has been made on World's Fair, although this has been slowed by all the rest of the work.
Missed the Kickstarter?
You can still preorder the game! Just head on over to our Dime Adventures page and follow the PayPal link.
Here is the current status of the various bits and pieces unlocked by the Kickstarter. The statuses here refer to the steps in our our publication process.
- Expedition Beyond Mount Terror
- Ready-Made Heroes
- Character Sheet
- World's Fair
- Arth Poster Map
- Virtual Tabletop Pack
- Circles in the Sky
- Mystic Secrets
- Cryptid Codex
- Dime Adventures core rulebook
- Consequence Cards
- GM Screen Inserts