Some of this has already been covered in the monthly Kickstarter update, but the layout of the core Shadows Over Sol book is basically complete, aside from waiting for the last of the art to come in. Right now we’re waiting on the final nine pieces. I like to think of each piece coming in as part of a countdown until the PDF’s release.
Since work on the core is mostly waiting at this point, we’ve turned our attention to the consequence cards, GM screen inserts and Ready-Made Heroes. In the next week, I hope to finish the layout of the former two and move Ready-Made Heroes from writing into editing.
Reading this and missed the Kickstarter?
You can still preorder the game! Just head on over to our Shadows Over Sol page and follow the PayPal link.
The Week’s Progress
The accomplishments from this week include:
- Layout has been completed on the core rulebook, aside from waiting for the remaining art to come in.
- Initial layout has been done for the consequence cards and GM screen inserts. The finishing touches on the layout wait to the done in the upcoming week.
- Some writing work acomplished for Ready-Made Heroes.
- Sent out the November Kickstarter update.
- Wrote back cover text and put together the cover layout of the core rulebook.
Here is the current status of the various bits and pieces unlocked by the Kickstarter. There have been major changes in status is week, but there has been good progress. The statuses here refer to the steps in our our publication process.
- VTT Pack
- Form-Fillable Character Sheet
- Eviction Notice adventure
- Mars Colony Map
- Ready-Made Heroes
- Small Mercy adventure
- Art Direction
- Shiny New Toys
- Fatal Frontier
- Beyond Human
- Shadows Over Sol core rulebook
- Consequence Cards
- GM Screen Inserts
Below you can see our weekly art preview. This is perhaps an ill-fated escape attempt.