It's been a week now since the funding period on the Shadows Over Sol Kickstarter ended, and this is the first of our weekly updates on the project. In the last week we've been hard at work getting the ball rolling: contracting artists, doing cost estimates and making progress on our layout plans.
The Week's Progress
Here is a bulleted list of everything we've accomplished in the past week.
- Post-Kickstarter cost estimates have been made.
- The second wave of art has been commissioned (we're counting the art featured on the Kickstarter profile as the first wave).
- Contracted an editor for the Shiny New Toys supplement.
- Typos pointed out by our backers in the Exclusive Backer Edition have been corrected.
- Both unlocked aventures have been outlined and writers have been arranged for them.
- Surveys have been sent out to backers. Messages have also been sent out to our $50 backers and up, regarding their line to the dev team. Backers who get to make a character that features in the game have also been contacted.
- The Shadows Over Sol website has been updated, as well as the DriveThruRPG description.
- Set up a way for people who missed the Kickstarter to still pre-order the game through PayPal.
- Wrote articles about our publication process and cost estimates.
Reading this and missed the Kickstarter?
You can still preorder the game! Just head on over to our Shadows Over Sol page and follow the PayPal link.
By this time next week we’ll hopefully have some new art to show off, but in the meantime we would like to share our cost estimates, this way our backers know exactly where their money is going. Below you can see a pie chart showing our rough costs and their proportion of the Kickstarter money. If you would like to read more about this breakdown, click here or on the image below to go to the article.
Our Publication Process
When we publish a new roleplaying game, we have a regular process that we like to go through in order to ensure that the game meets our quality standards. Below you can see a flowchart of our publication process. If you would like to know more about the process you can read the article here or click on the image below.
In our weekly updates we will reference the game and its various unlocked supplements as being in one of the stages. Here is the status of the various supplements as they stand now:
- Ready-Made Heroes
- Mars Colony Map
- Adventure 1 (ought to have a real title soon)
- Adventure 2 (also ought to have a real title soon)
- Beyond Human
- Fatal Frontier
- Shiny New Toys
- Shadows Over Sol core rulebook
- Consequence Cards
- GM Screen Inserts